Andaman and nicobar islands is a tropical paradise, offering serene beautiful white sand beaches, water activities, marine life & crystal clear turquoise waters. Andaman honeymoon package would be a memorable trip for your life time.
Port Blair, the capital of andaman and nicobar is generally used as a base city with Veer Savarkar International Airport (Code: IXZ) and also to catch ferries to nearby islands. Tourists also spend a day or two here to explore the town and nearby beaches. You can take day trips to Ross Island and North Bay Island or Baratang and Jolly Buoy island from Port Blair.
Andaman nicobar have the most exotic beaches. Water sports such as Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Sea Walk etc are the highlights you can try in your andaman tour packages. North Bay Island near Port Blair, Elephant Beach in Havelock Island and Bharatpur Beach in Neil Island are three popular beaches to try out watersports. Scuba diving can explored in Havelock or Neil Island.
Andaman trip guide is special to me as I have spend many months, in detailed research before planning the andaman nicobar trip and it resulted in a great and pleasant trip. I would like to share all the experiences, Info’s and tips so that you have a detailed Andaman trip planner. Hope my detailed Andaman trip plan will help you plan an amazing trip to Andaman. I have mentioned a short 4-5 days itinerary for a romantic Andaman honeymoon package too. How much would the Andaman trip cost is always a major question in our mind. I have covered Andaman trip cost in detail in this blog.
Please read the blog till end, as I had prepared day by day Andaman and nicobar islands trip itinerary at the end & also important tips in respective sections.
how to plan andaman trip without package?How to plan andaman trip on your own? Should we go through any travel agency?
We all have this question in our mind before planning. Can we plan an Andaman and nicobar islands trip by ourselves? Or should we go through any tour operator?
We can also plan Andaman by ourselves by planning well in advance, reading and exploring lots of information about stays, places, transportation etc. If you would like to just enjoy the trip without much tension and worries about executing the trip, last minute cancellation of stays etc, I would suggest best would be to book a best Andaman tour package
From our personal trip experience, we have curated a nice Andaman tour package to experience the best of Andamans
Advantages of booking with us :
- Best rated stays by travellers across travel portals like Booking.com, Google, Tripadvisor etc
- No hidden clauses like XY stay OR similar. Will be sharing the exact stay details once you book the package.
- We have selected best resort stays in good locations and also with with lesser number of rooms, to make your experience and customer service better
- Big stays are generally tied with big travel companies, which would make it very crowded place, thus leading to less customer satisfaction
- Fine tuned itinerary based on personal travel experience, so that good time to relax with your loved ones.
- Airport pick-up to airport drop ( full package )
- Private ferry transfers + Private car for sightseeing
- Local contacts in each island for hassle free experience
- We explain all details and make sure you won’t miss out must experiences in Andaman
- Flexible cancellation
- All activities like Scuba diving can be arranged for best price
- No strict rules with itinerary.
- We can accommodate requests as per your convenience on the trip days, unless it’s adding up much extra cost. But, trust me this is best possible itinerary based on personal travel experience 🙂
I will put down the check list :
- Make a plan : Make a plan with Starting date to end end date.
- Book Flights : Book to and fro flights at-least 3-4 months in advance for best rates.We booked it for around 6-7k per person.
- Book ferries between Port blair – Havelock – Neil Islands well in advance. Ferry tickets can be booked online from GreenOcean official website. Keep checking the availability here. Ferry bookings are very important as this is the only means of transfer between the islands. There are 3 different types of seats Royal,Luxury & Economy.Please see the end of blog for Which seats to book in Green Ocean for best view and comfort.
You can consider Makruz also. As per the info from a localite, it seems to get cancelled often compared to green ocean in case of minor bad weather. Another cheap option is govt ferries which can be booked directly, if you can manage the rush and so.
- Book hotels for each destination according to your travel plan.In Andaman govt stays are well maintained and affordable. I will explain later here how to book through Andaman Official Website.
- Book Scuba Diving slot
- Book Local Transportation package : Most of the local transportation can be covered by 2 wheeler(you can get it for rent 500/day) if you are comfortable. If planning to book local transportation please sync with travel agent in advance and work out the transportation as per your requirements. For a family, I would suggest book local transportation in advance for hassle free pickups and drops. Will mention contact numbers later in the blog
Is Andaman open for tourists now ?
Best time to visit Andaman and nicobar islands :
- The best time to visit the Andaman Islands is from mid-October to the end of March. Nov-Dec might have heavy rains too. Varies year to year
- Season ideally begins at the end of September when the rains recede and generally dry weather continues on to May.
- Tourists flock the island from November through February with clear skies and bearable heat.
- Water activities remain open all through the year except in rare cases of cyclones and storms. The Sea Walk is suspended from mid-May until September.
- Elephant Beach in the Havelock Island and some others remain inaccessible by boat during the monsoons.
To start with, Andaman is much more than just Havelock. We made sure to cover North Andaman via Barataang ( Limestone caves ), Rangat and Diglipur. Ross and Smith island in Diglipur was special experience for us. Also, we felt Neil island was more beautiful and untouched than Havelock and much cheaper for shopping.
Let me take you through detailed experiences of each destinations for you to explore.
Best Andaman and nicobar islands itinerary for 7 days relaxing trip and budget :
- Day 1: Port blair – (Jolly Bouy Island + Jail and Light and sound show)
- Day 2 : Morning ferry to Havelock – Snorkeling,water sports @ Elephant Beach & RadhaNagar Beach(Sun set)
- Day 3 : Havelock –
Kalapathar(Sun rise), SCUBA(morning slot around 8 am is the best time for good visibility) & enjoy the evening in resort.
- Day 4 : Morning ferry Neil Island – Natural Bridge + Laxmanpur beach (Sun set)
- Day 5 : Neil Island – Sitapur Beach (Sun rise), Bharatpur Beach (If interested in water sports) & Enjoy
- Day 6 : Port Blair : Sight seeing + ChidiyaTapu(Sun set) (Keep this buffer day before return flight, in case of any ferry cancellations. Very important)
- Day 7 : Return Flight
If you find the information helpful, please support by following me on Instagram and stay tuned for more well planned trips
ROSS & SMITH ISLAND, DIGLIPUR
This requires 3 days from Port blair to Port Blair. Via Barataang -> Rangat (Night Stay )-> Diglipur . If you have around 9/10 days can include this round trip. For more details, please refer the below :
Baratang Island & Limestone caves on the way
This can be done as a day trip from Port blair. You need to start early morning and will be back by eve/night. Around Rs : 5000 for private cab.
Which seat to book in Green Ocean ferry,Andaman ? What are the different types of seats in Green Ocean ferry,Andaman?
Well planned trip special tips
- Carry BSNL and Airtel SIMs
- Mobile network is limited in Andaman. BSNL, Airtel & Vodafone in respective order have better networks.
- As you will be doing water activities and spending time in beach, make sure to carry enough set of comfortable clothes for getting into water.
- Sun rises very early around 5 AM & sets early around 5 PM. So please plan your days accordingly.
- Make sure to carry pen drive for copying your photos & videos after snorkelling, Scuba etc
- Plan for 2 days in Havelock & Neil if possible. It will be more comfortable and relaxing.
- All items are cheaper in NEIL ISLAND. So consider buying items like wooden toys(fish,squirrel, key chains), Sea shells, t shirts etc all from NEIL.
- There are only few ATMS on island & not necessary cash will be dispensed all the time & due to network issues card machines transactions are also not guaranteed, hence please carry sufficient cash during your travel.
- Closed on Mondays
- Cellular Jail, Baratang Limestone caves, Jolly Buoy
- It is very important to keep buffer day before return flight, in case of any ferry cancellations. Indigo rescheduled our flight for free. But even with the order released from Andaman government authorities, other airlines like GoAir, AirIndia etc didn’t accept any re scheduling requests and lot of passengers had to re book flights for very high prices.
For a hassle free experience, it would be more comfortable to have cabs arranged for sightseeing.
Whats app / Call : 8867392789 with below details
Number of people, Number of days, Date of arrival