Best sight seeing places in Jodhpur in one day
Auto would be the best option for sight seeing in jodhpur as the city roads are too narrow for the cabs to go through.
Auto charges : 1000 from afternoon, 1500 for full day. Cabs and auto for sight seeing will be arranged for reasonable rates from the hotel.
Mehrangarh, located in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, is one of the largest forts in India. Built in around 1459 by Rao Jodha, the fort is situated 410 feet (125 m) above the city and is enclosed by imposing thick walls. Inside its boundaries there are several palaces known for their intricate carvings and expansive courtyards. A winding road leads to and from the city below.
- Ticket : Rs : 120/person
- audio guide : Rs : 180/person. It was worth, as each places are explained well.
The imprints of the impact of cannonballs fired by attacking armies of Jaipur can still be seen on the second gate.
There are seven gates, which include Jayapol (meaning ‘victory gate’), built by Maharaja Man Singh to commemorate his victories over Jaipur and Bikaner armies. There is also a Fattehpol (also meaning ‘victory gate’), which commemorates Maharaja Ajit Singhji victory over Mughals.
The museum in the Mehrangarh fort is one of the most well-stocked museums in Rajasthan.
The museum exhibits the heritage of the Rathores in arms, costumes, paintings and decorated period.
It was built by Maharaja Sardar Singh of Jodhpur State in 1899 in memory of his father, Maharaja Jaswant Singh II, and serves as the cremation ground for the royal family of Marwar.
The mausoleum is built out of intricately carved sheets of marble. These sheets are extremely thin and polished so that they emit a warm glow when illuminated by the Sun.
- Ticket : 30/person
Umaid Bhawan Palace
- A part of the palace is managed by Taj Hotels.
- Named after Maharaja Umaid Singh, grandfather of the present owner Gaj Singh.
- The palace has 347 rooms and is the principal residence of the former Jodhpur royal family. A part of the palace is a museum.
- Priyanka chopras marriage took place here.
- We couldn’t cover this due to lack of time.
The Mandore garden is the collection of memorials and temples of the Marwar dynasty. The major attraction of Mandore gardens is the Royal cenotaphs.
The Royal Cenotaphs are made of red stone. Each cenotaph is unique and completely different from one other.
In this garden Langur monkeys roam. Langur monkey troupes roaming in the garden and making a nuisance of themselves is an attraction here. A number of troupes of Langur monkeys roam near the lake.
Must try food items in jodhpur
Best Lassi I had till date 🙂
Soft and really tasty samosas 🙂
Best hotel to stay in Jodhpur :
- We stayed here and it was an amazing haveli maintained well with the traditional feel.
- Located near(back side) to the Mehrangarh fort. There is a way to climb through stairs.
- Also few old temples are there at the back side entry, which wont be covered while coming from front side
- Homely food was really good and tasty