Switzerland is amazingly beautiful. Mountain coaster ride (Or pipe ride) in Kanderteg is a way to enjoy nature and have fun. Its a beautiful ride through the lap of nature with the breathtaking view of Alps in background.
What Is The Mountain Coaster pipe ride in Kandersteg?
- Its about 2500 foot metal slide through the green valley, trees and beautiful alps in background
- We can control the speed by pulling/pressing the leveler.
- It starts and ends at the same point
- Families can enjoy it too, as its not that risky. Even I could see moms doing it with their small kids kept in front.
- It will take around 5-7 minutes for one round
How much would the Mountain Coaster pipe ride in Kandersteg, Switzerland cost?
Its a common question. How much is the price for Mountain Coaster pipe ride in Kandersteg, Switzerland. Here is the details
- 4-5 Euro/ride
- There are some package available for set of rides for bit lesser rates. For example : 5 or 10 rides
- The Kandersteg mountain coaster pipe ride is open from May through October then closed for winter. Also closed if it rains
- Buy your tickets online here (head’s up: this page changes per season, so if you don’t see the Alp Coaster it’s probably because it’s still the winter season).
the coaster is closed on rainy days so it might be best if you buy your tickets the day of just to make sure it’s operating.
How to Reach Mountain Coaster pipe ride in Kandersteg, Switzerland :
- The coaster is in the mountains near Lake Oeschinen which is just outside of the city called Kandersteg.
- Reaching Kandersteg – Train(Use official SBB mobile app to find trains, prices and schedule) or (Bus 241,242, 230)
- Walk to cable car station(Its about 15-20 mins walk from Kandersteg railway station)
- Need to take a cable car to top, which will take around 5-7 mins to top.
- 30 chf round trip/person. (Half fare with swiss pass)
- Also we can hike up too. The hike generally takes about 1.5 hours to complete.
How to book swiss pass with discounted rates? Where can i buy swiss pass for best rates?
BOOK SWISS PASS FOR BEST RATES HERE . (Make sure to check and apply available coupons during check out )
- Once you get to the top, you’ll be directed to the ticket booth for the Mountain Coaster pipe ride in Kandersteg, Switzerland, as well as the famous hike to the beautifully blue Lake Oeschinen.
- 40 mins walk from cable car top to Lake Oeschinen
- Bus is available to Oischinnen lake. One way 8 euro/person