Lake Jasna is an extraordinary beautiful small alpine lake, 2 km from Kranjska Gora.
The statue of Goldhorn (Slovene: Zlatorog), the legendary chamois of Mt. Triglav stands proudly at the entrance, don’t forget to take a photo or two!
Jasna is a popular Slovenian girl’s name, and it means clear. A perfect name for this alpine lake
- High mountain peaks of the Julian Alps provide a stunning view from the lake. Mt. Razor is on the left and Mt. Prisojnik is on the right.
- The area around the lake offers wonderful trails, but you can also enjoy fishing since it is a well-known fishing district.
- The views around the lake are very scenic. There’s an area to feed the ducks, a 3 level diving platform and central platform to swim to.
- There’s an area to feed the ducks, a 3 level diving platform and central platform to swim to.
The surface of a lake freezes in the winter and is a great place for outdoor activities on snow.
Lake Jasna near Kranjska Gora in Slovenia is a really a great place to spend a bit of time and enjoy incredible views
- Kranjska Gora is best known as a winter sports town & a world-class ski center, nestled in the Julian Alps at the triple border point of Slovenia, Italy and Austria
- It annually hosts an event in the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup series.
- The well-known ski jumping hill Planica is located in the nearby Tamar Valley.
- Cyclists endeavor to conquer the highest Slovenian mountain pass, and hikers can stop by many points of interest.