- Mürren is a car-free alpine village in the west of the Jungfrau region, offering amazing panoramic views.
- Its very scenic and one of the popular tourist spots in Switzerland, and summer and winter are the seasons when Mürren becomes busy with the tourists; the village features a view of the three towering mountains Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau.
- It’s perfect for an excursion to the Schilthorn, Jangfrau & hiking,winter sports.
How to reach :
Mürren can be reached by train and cableway only. With Swiss pass its free to travel. There are two ways to reach Mürren:
- From Lauterbrunnen, you can take the cableway to Grütschalp. Then change to the narrow gauge train to Mürren BLM, the train station in the north of the village. Lauterbrunnen can be reached by train;
- From Stechelberg, you can take the cableway up to Mürren, with a change in Gimmelwald. The cable car station is in the south of the village. Stechelberg can be reached by bus from Lauterbrunnen.
- Drivers have two options: they can park in the garage in Lauterbrunnen or at the parking lot near the Stechelberg cableway station. Both are paid parkings. Travel by train if you can. You will save on parking costs, and you won’t be needing a car to explore the region anyway.
Beautiful Walk through Murren towards Schithorn train station :
Best Place to Stay in Murren :
I stayed in Eiger guest house and it was awesome. Its just opposite to Murren train station too.
Book here for best rates. Book now as it is in high demand usually. Cancel for free later in case of change in plan.
Looking for an RV adventure in the Alps?
Here is your complete guide for an incredible RV journey from England to Switzerland.