- OESCHINENSEE IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LAKES IN SWITZERLAND.
- I will help you with all important details in this blog for a day trip to Oischinensee lake
How to get to Oischinensee
Take a train to Kandersteg from Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken
- If you are staying in Lauterbrunnen, it takes about 2 hours to get to Kandersteg by train and the train comes at the top of the hour. See below for the sample train route.
- Use official SBB app
Cable car to Oischinensee
- You can buy the Oeschinensee cable car ticket at the station.
- It’s 30 CHF round trip but you can also buy one way ticket and hike down from the top. It’s cheaper for children under 12.
- (Half fare with swiss pass)
- 7-8 minutes one way
- 30-40 minutes walk from the cable car station towards Oischinensee lake
- Once you reach some distance, you fill directions to right and left. Follow left if you want the beautiful top view of the lake. This includes some hike path.
- If you would like to go through plain road, please take right and it will take you down to the lake.
- There is also a shuttle service 8 euro for one side
- You can trail down the path towards the lake and boating also available depending upon season.
- Note that Owschinensee cable car generally closes around 5pm so if you miss the last cable car down you will need to hike down.
BACK TO MASTER GUIDE
Please follow and like us: