- OESCHINENSEE IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LAKES IN SWITZERLAND.
- I will help you with all important details in this blog for a day trip to Oischinensee lake
How to get to Oischinensee
Take a train to Kandersteg from Lauterbrunnen or Interlaken
- If you are staying in Lauterbrunnen, it takes about 2 hours to get to Kandersteg by train and the train comes at the top of the hour. See below for the sample train route.
- Use official SBB app
After finishing Oischinensee lake, you can enjoy the Kandersteg Pipe ride also. Please find all the details here.
Cable car to Oischinensee
- You can buy the Oeschinensee cable car ticket at the station.
- It’s 30 CHF round trip but you can also buy one way ticket and hike down from the top. It’s cheaper for children under 12.
- (Half fare with swiss pass)
- 7-8 minutes one way
- 30-40 minutes walk from the cable car station towards Oischinensee lake
- Once you reach some distance, you fill directions to right and left. Follow left if you want the beautiful top view of the lake. This includes some hike path.
- If you would like to go through plain road, please take right and it will take you down to the lake.
- There is also a shuttle service 8 euro for one side
- You can trail down the path towards the lake and boating also available depending upon season.
- Note that Owschinensee cable car generally closes around 5pm so if you miss the last cable car down you will need to hike down.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Perfect 3-5 days itinerary for Switzerland – Well planned trips for U