Rajasthan literally means “Land of Kings”. It comprises of wide varieties of landscape for tourists like deserts,UNESCO world heritage sites,lakes,national parks etc.
Best time to visit Rajasthan
- November to February is the best time to visit Rajasthan.
- Summers are scorching whereas during winters, temperature come down to the bottom of the mercury level.
LIST OF AIRPORTS IN RAJASTHAN
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN RAJASTHAN
- Jaipur International Airport (Sanganer Airport)
DOMESTIC AIRPORTS IN RAJASTHAN
- Udaipur Airport (Maharana Pratap Airport)
- Jodhpur Airport (Civil Airport)
- Kota Airport
- Jaisalmer Airport
- Nal Airport (Bikaner Airport)
- Phalodi Air Force Station
- Suratgarh Air Force Station
- Ajmer /Kishangarh Airport
- Kolana Airport
- Lalgarh Airport
- Nal Airport
- Neemrana Airport
What to Expect in a Rajasthan trip
- Rich with historic sites and forts, which has to be explored by foot mostly. That means physically it demands some energy. Be prepared for that
- If you love history and exploring you would love it for sure.
- Jaisalmer camel safari and jeep safari is good experience
- Rajasthan cannot be described as a complete relaxing honeymoon destination like Andaman for example.
Best 1 week/10 days itinerary for Rajasthan
Day 1 Sat , Jaipur to Ranthambore
Arrive at Jaipur and transfer to Ranthambore stay and relax
Ranthambore Tiger Safari
Find all details for Ranthambore safari below : plan to do evening safaris as possible, as chance for sightings are more as afternoon gets more hot
Day 2 Sun, Ranthambore Tiger Safari
Enjoy the swimming pool and take a Spa and relax in Stay.
Day 3 Mon, Jaipur
Ranthambore to Jaipur
- BPL JODHPUR EXP(14814) : Starts 5.50 am, reaches 9.10 am (This train doesn’t have AC coaches)
- If only for AC coaches then DAYODAI EXPRESS(12181) : Starts 9.35 am, reaches 11.50 am.
- Please try to check in, have lunch n leave soon, so that you have enough time for sight seeing.
Day 4 Tue, Jaipur :
Jaipur to Jaisalmer
- Take RUNICHA EXPRESS(14659)JAIPUR JAISALMER
- Departs 11.35 pm and reached 11:55 AM
- Luggage you can keep at the hotel during morning check out. Night after dinner by around 10 come and pick up the luggage and leave to railway station.
Day 5 Wed, Jaisalmer
Day 6 Thursday, Jaisalmer
Transfer to hotel in Jaisalmer town.
- After breakfast, get transferred to hotel in Jaisalmer town.
Enjoy an amazing Sunset & candle light dinner at hotel
Day 7 Friday, Jodhpur :
Jaisalmer to Jodhpur :
JSM JU EXPRESS(14809) -> JAISALMER JODHPUR JN 07:00 -> 13:00 OR
RANIKHET EXP(15013) -> 00:55 AM -> 06:25 AM (If possible take this, so that you have some extra time in jodhpur. In this case also sync with hotel earlier, as the check in time would be required earlier)
Best sight seeing places in Jodhpur:
Day 8 Sat , Jodhpur to Udaipur:
- Via Cab : around Rs : 4100-4500.
- Finish breakfast and start morning at-least by 8.30 am.
Sight seeing :
On the way, you can cover the below amazing places:
Ranakpur jain temple(Must visit)
- Camera : Rs: 100
- Dress code : Should be full n below knee. Hands covered.
- Ticket : Rs: 50/person
Reach Udaipur by eve/night and check in to hotel.
Day 9 Sunday, Udaipur:
Best hotel to stay in Udaipur with roof top view of lake
We stayed in Mewari Villa and the experience was good. Also, the view of lake from the roof top restaurant was nice.
Day 10 Monday
Quote for whole trip
I have enquired with 4-5 different cab services for planning the entire Rajasthan trip with above 10 days itinerary
From all the quotes I received, I found the below option with best rates
Option 1 – Package cost @ Rs. 28700 (Rates are inclusive of toll taxes, parking charges and driver allowance) – 2020 Jan quote
Individual cities sight seeing charges
Jaipur @ Rs.1400 + parking
Udaipur @ Rs.2000 + parking
Jodhpur @ Rs.2000 + parking
Jaisalmer @ Rs.2000 + parking
Rajasthan Cab (A Unit of Tannu Tours & Travels)
1st Floor, AD-5B, Devi Marg, Near Collectorate Circle, Bani park, Jaipur (Rajasthan) India 302016
Mobile : +91-7357360888 Landline: 0141-4040687
I have not used their cab services. Suggesting based on the quotes and reviews online