What is Schengen Visa?
Schengen visa is required to enter Schengen Area, depending on the persons nationality.
Which country to apply for schengen visa if you visiting multiple countries?
- If you are only visiting one country, no confusion, just apply for that countries visa center.
- If visiting more countries, you should apply for the country where you will spend more nights.
- If you have multiple countries with same number of nights, then apply for the country which you will visit first.
Schengen visa bangalore
You can find Schengen visa agents in bangalore, but its not really required as we can apply it ourselves.
Where to Apply?
- Application can be submitted online at https://www.vfsglobal.com/
- Can also be submitted directly with Embassy, but through VFS would be easy and hassle free.
All the links provided here are for India to Switzerland. If you are applying for different option, please select the same in the top drop down options of “Resident Country” & “Going To Country”
How long it will take for schengen visa processing?
Applications shall be decided on within 15 Working days of the date of the lodging of an application
When to apply Schengen Visa?
- Its recommended to apply around 2 months before the travel date and note less than 15 working days.
- Applications shall be lodged not more than three months before the start of the intended visit
How much does Schengen visa cost? How much is Schengen visa Fee?
- 4500 INR + 1380 ( VFS Global Service Charges )
- Optional Service Premium Lounge INR 2600/-
- The optional courier facility is available at INR 450/-
- Find more details here in tab Visa fees
How to apply schengen visa from bangalore
How to book schengen visa appointment bangalore
- Identify visa type – Tourism visa is suitable for 1 or 2 week visit
- A Tourist Schengen Visa permits third-country nationals enter into the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days within a 6-month period, under the purpose of traveling or visiting Europe for pleasure.
- Find all other types of visa details here
- Begin your application online
- Book an appointment
- Choose a Visa Application Center and make an appointment
- Pay your fees
- Visit a Visa Application Center
- Track your application
- Collect your passport
- From Visa center
- Or you can opt for courier service with extra charges
Documents Required for applying Schengen Visa, Switzerland
- Fully completed & duly signed Schengen visa tourist application
- Two photographs as per Schengen visa specifications.
- Original & copy of my passport
- Personal cover letter
- Travel Insurance with coverage of USD 50,000
- Confirmed e-ticket for flights. To and Fro
- Confirmed hotel reservations for entire trip
- Proof of financial status
- If employed :
- Last 3 months salary slips and last 3 months salary bank account statements.
- Last 3 months personal bank account statements duly stamped and signed by the bank. You can get the sign from any of the nearest branch
- Personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years
- If employed :
- Employment Contract
- Employer’s statement on approval for holidays
- Marriage certificate to prove civil status
If you need more details or different category details find all detailed information about all the documents
Personal covering letter Sample
Full name (As in passport)
I would like to travel to Europe between 28/Sep/2019 to 12/Oct/2019 as a tourist. As an Indian, I need Schengen visa for the same. This cover letter/ travel itinerary would explain in details of my trip and make a case for the issuance of my visa. I am applying via your embassy because I will be staying the longest in Slovenia.
I am employed at
Company name and Address,
, since Joining date, currently holding the position of “Your designation“.
My employer has already approved my vacation from work for the duration of this trip. I assure you that I will not overstay because I have strong ties here in India not only through my work and personal assets but also through my family ties.
Below is the break through itinerary for my trip and what I intend to pursue.
Sep 28 Sat – Arrival Zurich Airport -> Rigi Classic Round Trip:
– Overnight -> Lucerne
Sep 29 Sun – Check-out Hotel and go to Interlaken by GoldenPass Line
– Schilthorn excursion
– overnight STAY in Gimmelwald/Murren
Sep 30 Mon – Relax and enjoy villages like gimmelwald/grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen
– Overnight -> Interlaken
Oct 1 Tue – Interlaken To Milan -> Venice -> overnight STAY VENICE
Oct 2 Wed – Explore Venice -> Burano/Murano/Torcello islands and enjoy Venice there -> overnight STAY VENICE
Oct 3 Thu – afternoon to Slovenia (Avg 5 hours) – Check-In -> STAY SLOVENIA
Oct 4 Fri – Slovenia – Morning -> Logar valley (Logarska dolina, valley -> dolina) afternoon -> Lake Bled + Vintgar Gorge, Savica Falls + Lake Bhohinj,Pokljuka – STAY Kranjska Gora
Oct 5 Sat – TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK – Kranjska Gora,Lake Jasna,Hike in Triglav National Park – Pericnik Falls(can hike up). (Sky Jump Hills Planica, Girl Ajda, Russian Chapel under Vrsic) -> STAY Kranjska Gora Oct 6 sun – Morning – Vrsic Pass -> Soca(river rafting,valley) Bovec, Kozjak Waterfall
Afternoon – -> Tolmin Gorge + Tolmimska korita -> Postojna/Skojan Caves,Predjama castle -> Lbjuliana -> STAY SLOVENIA
Oct 7 Mon – To Croatia- Plitvice lakes national park – STAY PLITVICE / (Optinal : Mreznica River Waterfalls)
Oct 8 Tue – Plitvice lakes national park – STAY PLITVICE
Oct 9 Wed – To SPLIT – Krka Waterfalls – STAY SPLIT
Oct 10 Thu – Island trips (Hvar,Vis,Bisevo,Budicovac,palkeni) / Pag Island – STAY SPLIT
Oct 11 Fri – Afternoon 12.30 Fly Back to Bangalore from SPLIT
I am the bearer of all my travel expenses. I am making my own flight and hotel bookings. I will be managing inter-country transfers via trains, FlixBus and will book the same as per convenience on the go.
Please find enclosed the following documents to support my visa application attached below this cover letter in the order mentioned:
1. Fully completed & duly signed Schengen visa tourist application
2. Two photographs as per Schengen visa specifications.
3. Original & copy of my passport
4. Travel Insurance with coverage of USD 50,000
5. Confirmed e-ticket for my flight from
– Bangalore (India) to Zurich (Switzerland) &
– Split (Croatia) to Bangalore (India)
6. Confirmed hotel reservations for entire trip
7. E-statement of savings account of the past 3 months duly stamped and signed by the bank
8. Indian income tax return acknowledgment for the last 2 years
9. Pay slips of the past 3 months as proof of my income
10. Employment Contract
11. Employer’s statement on approval for holidays
12. Marriage certificate to prove civil status
You can download the sample word document HERE