Is schilthorn free with Swiss Pass 2020?
Yes. Its completely free with Swiss pass. For more details and best rates refer the blog below :
- At 2.970 metres, the Schilthorn attracts visitors with a magnificent 360-degree panoramic view of the “Swiss skyline” including Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and a delicious meal in the revolving restaurant Piz Gloria. The Jura mountains up to the Vosges Mountains and the Black Forest & Mount Blanc is also just visible.
- The Schilthorn lies above the village of Mürren, from where a cable car leads to its summit.
How to get to Schilthorn from Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- Take the cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grütschalp and a train to Mürren
- 15-20 mins walk to Schilthorn cable car station
- cable car to Birg
- Between Birg and the summit, the cable car passes over Grauseeli, a small lake.
Train Timings and connections
Use Official SBB app
Another way to get to Murren
- The cable cars begin in Stechelberg leaving to Gimmelwald and then onto Mürren. From Mürren another cable car is taken to Birg, which is the final change before the Schilthorn. This cable airway is the longest and was the most technically challenging airway to be built.
- It is also possible to hike to the peak, along the myriad of small, but well-marked paths to the top. The hike to the top takes roughly five hours from Gimmelwald for a fit walker
- The panoramic revolving restaurant at the summit, Piz Gloria, was featured in the 1969 James Bond movie On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. A black ski run featured in the film starts at the summit and leads down to the Engetal below Birg. The restaurant revolves a full 360 degrees in 45 minutes.
Explore the James Bond world in the lower floor.
While returning back, spend some time at Birg station and Enjoy the skyline walk
HD Video shot in Gopro Hero7 Black
BACK TO MASTER GUIDE :
Please follow and like us: